Project Gob Pile
Project Gob Pile was generated by the need to create statewide working model leading to the removal of coal refuse piles that harm Pennsylvania’s environment and quality of life. The mission was to provide a practical and easily understood tool for public and private organizations and individuals working on reclamation and reuse of pile/bank sites. The model includes suggested procedures, equipment, personnel considerations, funding sources, and evaluation and ranking criteria.
- Final Project Report
- Database (see note below)
- Sensitivity Analysis Report
- County Map with Gob Piles
- Funding Matrix
Note: You may have trouble accessing the database file unless you use Microsoft Internet Explorer and have Microsoft Office installed on your computer. We apologize.
This project is a product of the
Western Pennsylvania Coalition for Abandoned Mine Reclamation
(724) 832-3625, http://www.wpcamr.org/
The study was supported by a Growing Greener grant with funding from
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA 104-30)
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP ME350098)